How to enhance your leadership potential?
- Have a clear vision of yourself, others and your environment: to formulate a clear vision of yourself, answer the following questions. Who are you? What do you stand for? What is your purpose in life? How do you want to influence others? How do you contribute to yourself, family, and friends
- Know and utilise your strengths: everyone is born with different strengths and weaknesses. Tapping into your strengths will make you a more influential leader.
- Establish your standard: live in accordance with your morals and values. Making choices and taking actions aligned with your morals and values helps you succeed in all aspects of your life.
- Be inclusive and show compassion: include everyone by recognising individual strengths. Look beyond the obvious and realise that everyone has something to offer. Every great leader has risen to the top because another leader recognised and harnessed their potential.
- Set goals and develop an action plan: you have to know where your destination is before you can map out a plan to get there. Design your goals and then formulate action plans you can commit to that will get you where you want to be.
- Maintain a Positive attitude: Being positive is a mindset. People are naturally attracted to you when you have a positive attitude. By being positive, you will lead a happier life, as well as be surrounded by other positive people.
- Improve Communication Skills: being a good leader includes you being able to clearly communicate your vision, goals, skills, intentions, and expectations to others. To become a good communicator, practise and continually strive to improve your verbal, non-verbal, and listening skills.
- Motivate others: motivating others to success is a key to leadership. Praise and recognition by making team members feel proud of what they are doing, will move you forward to achieving your own goals and vision.